Growing hair can be a pain, It can get annoying and sometimes you just want to give up. I can tell you right now that you don’t need to use any serums or tonics to help your hair grow.
Here are some great natural ways to grow healthy hair.
Simple right? In reality, we forget to take care of ourselves and consume tons of sugars, fats and junk. It’s an interesting position we’re in where healthy foods costs more than processed junk food.
Here’s what you should have to keep your hair healthy and growing:
- PROTEIN: It’s essential to have protein in your diet to keep healthy hair growth. Depending on how much protein you consume regularly, I would say a range of 150 – 300 grams of protein is needed.
- WATER: Did you know that we should drink an average of 1.5L of water every day?
- VITAMIN C: This is vital for healthy skin and hair because Vitamin C is used to produce collagen which is a structural protein for connective tissues
- BIOTIN: Eat the good fats, not the bad ones. Our hair is coated with a fatty membrane and it’s important to keep it healthy. Eat foods like avocados, salmon and nuts.
2. Less Poo more Conditioner
Shampoo is great because it strips and cleans your hair from all the grease that builds up, but conditioner is extremely important so that your hair is moisturized and not dry after the shower. A conditioner is great to preventing split ends and damaged dry hair.
When our hair is wet, it’s more vulnerable to Try using less shampoo and more conditioner.
This is important because cells use oxygen to break down sugars and create energy for us. Imagine that the less oxygen capacity we have, the slower the rate of energy and producing power that gets put into hair growth.
Start off with some cardio, go for a run. Then, when you feel more comfortable do some resistance training.
4. Stress Free
Stress is a big deal that can affect hair growth and our overall health. Constant stress puts a toll on your body for always trying to relieve it and because hair is not a vital organ or an essential tissue, our hair is the first to take a hit.
Enjoy your weekends, spend it with people you love and find your medium. It’s amazing how certain activities or things can help destress us. You will feel happier and your hair will look healthy too!
Sleep is heavily involved with hair growth. When we sleep, we’re in a state of rapid recovery. This means that our hair cells are reproducing every night. It’s crucial to have 7-8 hours of sleep to keep your hair growing healthy.